The Center seeks an attorney to practice in the Connecticut office. The attorney will be a member of the team that leads the organization’s high volume administrative law practice and individual legal advocacy. Among other things, the attorney will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Maintain and manage a large case load of Medicare administrative appeals for dually eligible beneficiaries (those eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid).
- Perform client intakes and provide direct representation to Medicare beneficiaries which will include regularly representing Medicare beneficiaries at Administrative Law Judge hearings.
- Become familiar with the Medicare program in general, including statutes, regulations and policy, with a particular emphasis on the skilled nursing facility and home health care settings and the appeals process.
- Draft educational materials.
- Present at trainings for attorneys, health care professionals and other stakeholders.
- Analyze and respond to changes in federal regulation and policy.
The successful candidate must have excellent oral, written, research, and organizational skills; an energetic, collaborative work ethic; a demonstrated ability to problem solve independently and as part of a team; and a passion for social justice. A law degree and Bar membership are required. (CT Bar preferred; willingness to take or qualify for CT Bar required.)
Proficiency in Spanish, and some health care and/or health care rights background are desired but not required.
The office is located in Mansfield, CT. 15 minutes from the University of Connecticut, 40 minutes from Hartford, 1½ hours from Boston and 2½ hours from New York City.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefit package.
Send resume, cover letter, 2 references and a writing sample to:
11 Ledgebrook Drive
Mansfield Center, CT 06250
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org