The Center seeks a paralegal for its Connecticut office. The paralegal will be a member of the team that leads the organization’s high volume administrative law practice and individual advocacy. Among other things, the paralegal will be expected to perform the following duties under the supervision of an attorney:
- Become familiar with the Medicare program in general, including statutes, regulations and policy, with a particular emphasis on the skilled nursing facility and home health care settings and the appeals process.
- Review and analyze medical records to prepare for administrative appeal.
- Draft legal correspondences and memoranda of law.
- Assist Center attorneys with the organization and management of Medicare administrative appeals for dually eligible beneficiaries (those eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid).
- Assist Center attorneys in the direct representation of Medicare beneficiaries which may include representing Medicare beneficiaries at Administrative Law Judge hearings.
The successful candidate must have excellent oral, written, research, and organizational skills; an energetic, collaborative work ethic; a demonstrated ability to problem solve independently and as part of a team; and a passion for social justice.
Proficiency in Spanish, and some health care and/or health care rights background are desired but not required.
The office is located in Mansfield, CT. 15 minutes from the University of Connecticut, 40 minutes from Hartford, 1½ hours from Boston and 2½ hours from New York City.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefit package.
Send resume, cover letter, 2 references and a writing sample to:
11 Ledgebrook Drive
Mansfield Center, CT 06250
Or by email to email@example.com